Exploring The Yoniverse – The Pros and Cons of Yoni Eggs
The more you carve out space to connect with your body, the deeper that connection grows. But it can be tricky figuring out just what practices are right for you.
At Yoni Pleasure Palace, one of our favorite self-care tools are yoni eggs. While yoni eggs certainly aren’t new to the world, they may be new to you.
Intrigued? Of course, you want to do your research before investing in a new tool – especially if that tool is going inside your most sensitive area!
We’re here to take the mystery out of this expansive and explorative practice by breaking down the pros and cons of yoni eggs.
What is a Yoni Egg?
Before we dive into that, let’s go through a little yoni egg 101.
Yoni eggs are (you guessed it!) egg-shaped tools that go inside your vagina, much like a kegel weight. They’re typically made from glass or different crystals like rose quartz, jade, or clear quartz. Our yoni eggs come with the option of having a hole drilled in the top with a string attached for easy removal.
Here are just a few of the many reasons people LOVE yoni eggs:
- Crystal activation: Different crystals and stones can be used for specific intentions. Amethyst, for example, can be used to help you connect to your intuition and inner guidance, while black obsidian helps to clear away negative energy from your womb space.
- Strengthen your pelvic floor: When used regularly, yoni eggs can help to strengthen the powerful muscles of your pelvic floor, helping to boost bladder control and enhance your orgasmic potential! This can be incredibly helpful for folks postpartum.
- Increased sensitivity: Working with a yoni egg, especially ones made from powerful stones and crystals may assist you in becoming more in tune with subtle sensations and nuances of pleasure.
- May increase lubrication: Toning the pelvic floor may come with another perk – enhanced lubrication. Maintaining healthy blood flow in the pelvis can help keep you flowing in other ways!
- Opportunity for self-care: Rituals are powerful. Especially when they’re around a part of your body that’s so often overlooked. A yoni egg practice allows you to consistently check in with your yoni – and yourself.
We want to keep it real with you and let you in on a few potential cons when using yoni eggs:
- They could break. Yoni eggs are made from high-quality materials that could break if you’re not careful. Be sure to wash your yoni egg in the sink (not the shower) and store it in a safe place after using it. Avoid boiling or washing your egg in boiling water as they may break under pressure.
- Risk of infection: Low-quality stones can be porous and may carry bacteria that could increase your risk of infection. At YPP, we use top-quality, GIA-certified crystals to craft our yoni eggs, which are also checked by our gemologist. If you feel more comfortable with a different material, you can also start with our glass egg or our Rose Kegel Weights – made from medical-grade silicone.
- They’re not for everyone: Countless people have found an increased sense of pleasure and self-love through yoni eggs, unfortunately, they’re not for everyone. You may want to avoid using them if you have a condition like vulvodynia or vaginismus, are prone to vaginal infections or UTIs, experience pelvic floor pain, or are currently pregnant.
If you’re ready to dive deeper into this transformational practice, we’d love to invite you to our Golden Yoni Membership where we share an abundance of practices, meditations, and education on yoni eggs – we’ll see you there!